Hancock and Moore - Disappointed in Hancock & Moore
We purchased a Hancock & Moore chair 2 years ago from a furniture store in Dallas.We liked the chair and decided to order another one "just exactly like it", 2 years later.
We went back to the same furniture store, and special ordered the same exact chair made by Hancock & Moore, in December 2012, and specified the same stain "french pine" that was used on the first chair we purchased. We confirmed with the furniture store that Hancock & Moore still used "French Pine" stain color and that the chair would look exactly the same as our other Hancock & Moore chair. When we received the chair, it was a different stain color and did not match the wood on the first chair. There was a big difference.
The furniture store we ordered the chair from, did not want to send the chair back to Hancock & Moore, and they did not want re-order another chair for us, because they said they were afraid the stain color again may not match. We then agreed to let the local furniture store, try to re-stain the wood on the chair to match. When we got the chair back from the local furniture store, the stained wood was a closer match, but it had a very gritty feel to it, and they missed some spots on the wood. This chair cost $1600 with tax.
We are very disappointed and will not special order from Hancock & Moore again or from the furniture store we used, because we were told the stain on the wood would match, then we were told they would not re-order another chair because the stain on the wood may not match.
The furniture store should have been aware of this and told us this when we ordered the chair to begin with.Had we know that, we would not had ordered the 2nd chair.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Very bad quality of sofa, and expensive. We bought the Simmons Upholstery reclining sofa, color dark brown, made bonded leather. Less 1,5 year after purchase the bonded leather cracked, the..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "Spent big bucks and has looked like this for years. ..."
- "Just a word f warning to those of you considering using KR Roofing. I sad ly used them for roof and siding repair. Over two months ago I paid them...."
- "This if the POOREST workmen ship quality ever. One would think I went to a flea market to purchase. I purchased a sectional with left and right recliners in May of..."
- "I bought a kerosene heater from Hardware Sales Inc. 1380 Stonegate WayFerndale, WA 98248(360) firstname.lastname@example.orgThe box arrived looking fine but the heater in the box had a big dent in..."
- "Would not advise anyone to buy from this company. Took a month for get my suits. Order 2 of the exact same suit, they were not even the same material...."
- "Siendo cliente de Golden Corral, fui atendido por Minerva, una de los "manager", lastimosamente recibi el peor de tratos como cliente, me lleve una gran sorpresa cuando me quejaba por..."
- "Purchased 3# 8 ounce can of Planter's mixed nuts from Sam's club. Ate a few from top layer--no problems. While filling up bowls to serve, noticed bluish..."