Hancock and Moore - Disappointed in Hancock & Moore
We purchased a Hancock & Moore chair 2 years ago from a furniture store in Dallas.We liked the chair and decided to order another one "just exactly like it", 2 years later.
We went back to the same furniture store, and special ordered the same exact chair made by Hancock & Moore, in December 2012, and specified the same stain "french pine" that was used on the first chair we purchased. We confirmed with the furniture store that Hancock & Moore still used "French Pine" stain color and that the chair would look exactly the same as our other Hancock & Moore chair. When we received the chair, it was a different stain color and did not match the wood on the first chair. There was a big difference.
The furniture store we ordered the chair from, did not want to send the chair back to Hancock & Moore, and they did not want re-order another chair for us, because they said they were afraid the stain color again may not match. We then agreed to let the local furniture store, try to re-stain the wood on the chair to match. When we got the chair back from the local furniture store, the stained wood was a closer match, but it had a very gritty feel to it, and they missed some spots on the wood. This chair cost $1600 with tax.
We are very disappointed and will not special order from Hancock & Moore again or from the furniture store we used, because we were told the stain on the wood would match, then we were told they would not re-order another chair because the stain on the wood may not match.
The furniture store should have been aware of this and told us this when we ordered the chair to begin with.Had we know that, we would not had ordered the 2nd chair.review #382481
You may also like
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "This if the POOREST workmen ship quality ever. One would think I went to a flea market to purchase. I purchased a sectional with left and right recliners in May of..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of..."
- "On June 5, 2012, Joseph Hoskins from United Transport provided me with a Binding Moving Estimate of $3904.80 for a Full Service Relocation. On June 6, I completed a..."
- "Funny chat, but since Blur is a mod this app started sucking. ..."
- "On April 26,2015 I order a black medium gevinchy bag for $1,699.99 from beyond the rack on May 17 I received the bag , to my surprise the..."
- "My internet went out. They sent someone to fix it. He ran a big black cable wire from my ceiling, down my wall to an outlet. After he..."