Hancock and Moore - Disappointed in Hancock & Moore
We purchased a Hancock & Moore chair 2 years ago from a furniture store in Dallas.We liked the chair and decided to order another one "just exactly like it", 2 years later.
We went back to the same furniture store, and special ordered the same exact chair made by Hancock & Moore, in December 2012, and specified the same stain "french pine" that was used on the first chair we purchased. We confirmed with the furniture store that Hancock & Moore still used "French Pine" stain color and that the chair would look exactly the same as our other Hancock & Moore chair. When we received the chair, it was a different stain color and did not match the wood on the first chair. There was a big difference.
The furniture store we ordered the chair from, did not want to send the chair back to Hancock & Moore, and they did not want re-order another chair for us, because they said they were afraid the stain color again may not match. We then agreed to let the local furniture store, try to re-stain the wood on the chair to match. When we got the chair back from the local furniture store, the stained wood was a closer match, but it had a very gritty feel to it, and they missed some spots on the wood. This chair cost $1600 with tax.
We are very disappointed and will not special order from Hancock & Moore again or from the furniture store we used, because we were told the stain on the wood would match, then we were told they would not re-order another chair because the stain on the wood may not match.
The furniture store should have been aware of this and told us this when we ordered the chair to begin with.Had we know that, we would not had ordered the 2nd chair.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "I have a 2006 trailblazer ext and the finish is peeling off the rims. The dealership replaced them once and a year later it is happening again. I have been..."
- "Dropped my wifes vehicle off for the 99.00 brake job. I could have done it myself but for only 99.00 why do it myself. I couldn't go wrong with a..."
- "You will see Colodetox advertized all over, in chats, on the net. The latest colon cleanse scam to hit the net. They claim to have a natural product that will..."
- "This isn't about the hospital part but for equipped for life... Went to equipped for life in Hagerstown, Maryland on May 3rd, 2015. We got sooo disrespected not once but..."
- "Dr.Aileen Rose A.Camance dental clinic manloloko pustiso na kalawang at bulok Dr.Aileen Rose A.Camance dental clinic manloloko pustiso na kalawang at bulok Dr.Aileen Rose A.Camance dental clinic manloloko pustiso na..."
- "So, I started taking a log of the internet speeds with hotwire communications service in April of 2014. The average speed reading was 1.2 Mbs down. I pay like $40..."