Hancock and Moore - Disappointed in Hancock & Moore
We purchased a Hancock & Moore chair 2 years ago from a furniture store in Dallas.We liked the chair and decided to order another one "just exactly like it", 2 years later.
We went back to the same furniture store, and special ordered the same exact chair made by Hancock & Moore, in December 2012, and specified the same stain "french pine" that was used on the first chair we purchased. We confirmed with the furniture store that Hancock & Moore still used "French Pine" stain color and that the chair would look exactly the same as our other Hancock & Moore chair. When we received the chair, it was a different stain color and did not match the wood on the first chair. There was a big difference.
The furniture store we ordered the chair from, did not want to send the chair back to Hancock & Moore, and they did not want re-order another chair for us, because they said they were afraid the stain color again may not match. We then agreed to let the local furniture store, try to re-stain the wood on the chair to match. When we got the chair back from the local furniture store, the stained wood was a closer match, but it had a very gritty feel to it, and they missed some spots on the wood. This chair cost $1600 with tax.
We are very disappointed and will not special order from Hancock & Moore again or from the furniture store we used, because we were told the stain on the wood would match, then we were told they would not re-order another chair because the stain on the wood may not match.
The furniture store should have been aware of this and told us this when we ordered the chair to begin with.Had we know that, we would not had ordered the 2nd chair.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "The product: http://www.mgdirect.co/Bed-Clothes_p_1447.html#This company, MG 'direct from china' is a fraud.I order ivory sheets bamboo certified,The product I received is of poor quality,dirty, with no certification or any description on..."
- "I have tried to resolve this issue in an amicable way but this Company will not make good on their products, I purchased approximately $12,000 at this store to include..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick & the current ISHRS Leadership are a DISGRACE!!!!This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only.For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, President of..."
- "This if the POOREST workmen ship quality ever. One would think I went to a flea market to purchase. I purchased a sectional with left and right recliners in May of..."
- "DO NOT USE C. Johnson Paving from Lincoln, R.I. After 2 years my driveway started to crack and sink. They say they will come out to look at it then..."
- "H.E.B. in Elgin Texas does have some of the rudest customer service people I have ever met, and unfortunately it's the closest HEB to my location. I would rather travel..."
- "In April of this year I ordered. A Seal Skin Supreme Touring cover for my Harley. invoice id 100026560 and paid through Pay.Pal. After 90 days the outer covering turned..."
- "Here is the timeline of my experience with Teddy Bear Smiles. On Sept 18th when I dropped my daughter off at school her class was already in with the photographer so..."