Hancock and Moore - Inferior leather on a recliner
Purchased leather recliner from a furniture store (Knight Furniture) in North Carolina In 2005.For the first several years the only problem with the leather was that it faded somewhat.
However the last 3-4 years there has been a general decline of the leather on both arms. I contacted Hancock & Moore recently figuring they may have a solution. I talked with Ann in customer service and she gave me all sorts of reasons such as my wife being on medication or not keeping the leather properly cleaned and conditioned. I stated and showed other pieces of leather furniture in my house that were older and had not experienced any damage.
I offered to send recliner back for them to see which cost me $168. The process lasted almost 2 months and the resolution was the same-not our problem and all leather is the same.
What a bunch of bull from a company that prides itself on being the best in leather furniture.Check out the photos!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Made in america and expected quality
What I disliked
- Very poor customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "I can say I trust easily and always how for the best but my family member ended up involved bcecause they were buying the puppy for me as a Christmas..."
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "I was having a higher grade liner put into my 15 x 30 above ground pool because the pool was leaking from the bottom. This is what they found!..."