Hancock and Moore - Inferior leather on a recliner

Purchased leather recliner from a furniture store (Knight Furniture) in North Carolina In 2005.For the first several years the only problem with the leather was that it faded somewhat.

However the last 3-4 years there has been a general decline of the leather on both arms. I contacted Hancock & Moore recently figuring they may have a solution. I talked with Ann in customer service and she gave me all sorts of reasons such as my wife being on medication or not keeping the leather properly cleaned and conditioned. I stated and showed other pieces of leather furniture in my house that were older and had not experienced any damage.

I offered to send recliner back for them to see which cost me $168. The process lasted almost 2 months and the resolution was the same-not our problem and all leather is the same.

What a bunch of bull from a company that prides itself on being the best in leather furniture.Check out the photos!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Made in america and expected quality
  • What I disliked
    • Very poor customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hancock And Moore Recliner
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #897981 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hancock and Moore? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hancock and Moore. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Hancock and Moore.
Filing a new complaint about