In 2004 we purchased five matching pieces of Hancock and Moore "Member" style leather furniture in "Document" leather from Cabot House in Framingham, MA.After two years the color began to rub off of the leather.
This continued to worsen, and H&M was contacted about the problem. They sent their rep out to our home and he contacted Cabot House,whose decorator selected this particular supposedly -durable leather for us, to come out and " repaint "the worn areas. After "repainting," the serviceman sprayed the finish. ( Hancock & Moore later said that their leather should never be sprayed.).
After this the leather color not only continued to rub off, it also cracked. In addition, pieces of leather actually lifted off of the surface if touched by anything sticky. This expensive purchase was a HUGE mistake! It is quality one might expect to find in a big-box store for a third of the price.
We are now left with an unsightly mess, and NO ONE is willing to help in ANY way. We sent a large, detailed packet to Mr. Moore, VP of H&M, outlining our entire issue, and he never even responded. Though his video on their website states that customer satisfaction is important to H&M, it obviously is NOT.
We also asked for help with our mess from Cabot House. They sent us an email saying that they talked to the H&M rep and both decided that ours was merely " normal" wear. They suggested that WE HIRE a leather refinisher at our expense for assistance. Passing the buck and ignoring the problem is NOT customer service.
They do NOT do customer service! That is obvious.
BUYER BEWARE OF BECOMING INVOLVED IN THESE ISSUES!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Their quality or customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Stand behind your product and correct the issues, so that we have the durable-leather furniture that you represented.
- Product or service
- Leather Furniture Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "I rented the following ebook from the site. I am very dissapointed: Beatty and Samuelson, Essentials of Business Law, 5th edition ISBN: 978-1-285-42700-3 I paid $70 to strain my eyes for..."
- "I bought a set of these knives after watching a demonstration of them in B.j's the thing that sold me was that he was able to cut a tomato without..."
- "Recently took a cruise with 19 other people on Celebrity Cruises.. got to our cabin there was blood on the toilet seat, *** on the shower curtain and human hair..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."