Hancock and Moore - Inferior quality leather furniture --Deplorable customer service
In 2004 we purchased five matching pieces of Hancock and Moore "Member" style leather furniture in "Document" leather from Cabot House in Framingham, MA.After two years the color began to rub off of the leather.
This continued to worsen, and H&M was contacted about the problem. They sent their rep out to our home and he contacted Cabot House,whose decorator selected this particular supposedly -durable leather for us, to come out and " repaint "the worn areas. After "repainting," the serviceman sprayed the finish. ( Hancock & Moore later said that their leather should never be sprayed.).
After this the leather color not only continued to rub off, it also cracked. In addition, pieces of leather actually lifted off of the surface if touched by anything sticky. This expensive purchase was a HUGE mistake! It is quality one might expect to find in a big-box store for a third of the price.
We are now left with an unsightly mess, and NO ONE is willing to help in ANY way. We sent a large, detailed packet to Mr. Moore, VP of H&M, outlining our entire issue, and he never even responded. Though his video on their website states that customer satisfaction is important to H&M, it obviously is NOT.
We also asked for help with our mess from Cabot House. They sent us an email saying that they talked to the H&M rep and both decided that ours was merely " normal" wear. They suggested that WE HIRE a leather refinisher at our expense for assistance. Passing the buck and ignoring the problem is NOT customer service.
They do NOT do customer service! That is obvious.
BUYER BEWARE OF BECOMING INVOLVED IN THESE ISSUES!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Their quality or customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Stand behind your product and correct the issues, so that we have the durable-leather furniture that you represented.
- Product or service
- Leather Furniture Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "Picaboo sent me a special for unlimited pages for their photo book. When I called they said it is limited 160 pages. Tell me that isn't misleading the public. They..."
- "Anytime Fitness is a sketchy money hungry corporation that puts financial gain over customer convienence. If you think it's an easy cancellation process... Think again! If you think it's an..."
- "Bad service in the store 243 falmouth Rd, hyannis Ma 02601 , my family come to florida and im waiting like 1 one for one order, that suck..."