Hancock and Moore - Inferior quality leather furniture --Deplorable customer service
In 2004 we purchased five matching pieces of Hancock and Moore "Member" style leather furniture in "Document" leather from Cabot House in Framingham, MA.After two years the color began to rub off of the leather.
This continued to worsen, and H&M was contacted about the problem. They sent their rep out to our home and he contacted Cabot House,whose decorator selected this particular supposedly -durable leather for us, to come out and " repaint "the worn areas. After "repainting," the serviceman sprayed the finish. ( Hancock & Moore later said that their leather should never be sprayed.).
After this the leather color not only continued to rub off, it also cracked. In addition, pieces of leather actually lifted off of the surface if touched by anything sticky. This expensive purchase was a HUGE mistake! It is quality one might expect to find in a big-box store for a third of the price.
We are now left with an unsightly mess, and NO ONE is willing to help in ANY way. We sent a large, detailed packet to Mr. Moore, VP of H&M, outlining our entire issue, and he never even responded. Though his video on their website states that customer satisfaction is important to H&M, it obviously is NOT.
We also asked for help with our mess from Cabot House. They sent us an email saying that they talked to the H&M rep and both decided that ours was merely " normal" wear. They suggested that WE HIRE a leather refinisher at our expense for assistance. Passing the buck and ignoring the problem is NOT customer service.
They do NOT do customer service! That is obvious.
BUYER BEWARE OF BECOMING INVOLVED IN THESE ISSUES!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Their quality or customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Stand behind your product and correct the issues, so that we have the durable-leather furniture that you represented.
- Product or service
- Leather Furniture Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "Just purchased a 2013 Santa Fe. Now only did I have to wait a week before getting my car because they decided to put the car up for sale..."
- "In my Attempt to reach out to a Coldwell Banker agent in the Dedham office to obtain assistance with an inquiry I had regarding a specific rental listing. Immediately upon..."
- "I was contacted back from a post on oodle marketplace that I had inquired on by a lady named Natalie Wilson who had 2 teacup Yorkey Terriers named Kiki and..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."