1.8
Style and Design

I have been a long time customer of this company. I am leaving this review because I do not believe them to be the company they were 20 years ago when I bought my first chair and ottoman.

I built a new home and my current H&M couch didn’t work in the new living area. I ordered 2 new couches in October of 2017. They were delivered in December. They were matching couches with one of them having end power recliners.

After only 4 months one of recliners no longer works. It appears it is a faulty switch. Now the working of this couch are still way into inventory. However, the company I bought them from no longer operates in my town.

I called H&M and explained the situation. Instead of simply sending me a switch, they either wanted to charge me $30 for one Or have me contact the seller who is not over 90 miles away. What kind of service is this for a company that sells couches that cost almost $10,000! Never again.

I’m done with them. Buyer beware.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hancock And Moore Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 30.

Comments

$30 to repair a $10k couch is somehow outlandish? I understand it is relatively soon, but realistically H&M didn't make that switch, they bought it. It is somewhat disappointing they wouldn't send you a replacement for free, but I doubt they have a traveling repair team to send out as well...

#1519329

When you buy a BMW car, if you key ignition don't work after 6 months, would they change it for you with zero charge? Let me know where is the free lunch!

to Anonymous #1571379

Actually, it would be covered under warranty. So technically it would be free.

I'd avoid them if you'd tell us where they are.